Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thing 3: Flickr

Well, I went ahead and set up a Flickr account because I figured that was the best way to "get it". I posted some photos that I enjoy from my computer, however, after the fact read the "Do's and dont's" and realized that some of what I had posted were little treasures I had kept from messages that were sent to me. Don't know the actually origin, but someone posted them somewhere and they ended up in one of those pass-it-along e-mails. Too bad, because they are kind of cute. I want to obey the rules, however, and definitely don't want to take credit for someone else's photo.

I definitely see the value to libraries of posting their photos out there, although many libraries already post their programming photos to their own website, so Flickr seems to be more useful on a personal basis. But, it is free, and I'm not sure if some of the other photo posting sites are.

1 comment:

  1. I think the benefit to flickr is, if you have a lot of photos, you can make a kind of album. For our Summer Reading, I've put a picture on our website, but as the number of pictures grows over the summer, I think I'll jus tput a link to Flickr and post them all there.

    ReplyDelete